Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
This prize draw is only open to independent retailers and merchants, (“Independent Business”) in the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland). To enter, you must:
- Have the permission of the Independent Business to enter;
- A UK resident
- At least 18 years old
No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid Instagram or Twitter account is required. You don’t need a Visa Card account to enter the prize draw. Visa employees, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected to this prize draw cannot enter.
How to enter
To enter you must follow the following action points:
- Take a picture in your shop celebrating UEFA Women’s EURO 2022TM using the flag provided – Feel free to get as creative as you like,
- Upload your photo to Instagram and/or Twitter making sure to tag @VisaUK.
Winners will be selected at random by an independent adjudicator and will liaise via social media to gain winner contact details to follow up on next steps on how to redeem your prize. The Social Element, the company facilitating this prize draw may reject entries which it considers not to be acceptable. Any entries received after the closing date won’t be entered into the prize draw. You can only enter the prize draw once. By entering you give permission for The Social Element to contact you with a confirmation email, plus further emails from Kru Live who will be fulfilling the prizes.
All prizes must be used by the date specified by the provider, details of which will be supplied with the prize to the winners by the provider.
1 x Platinum tiered prize:
- Two tickets to the UEFA Women's EURO 2022™ Final in London on 31 July plus two nights' accommodation in London, with breakfast and ground transport included
15 x Gold tiered prizes:
5 x Opening Game Day Only Packages – 2 tickets per package for the Opening Game (England v Austria) on Wednesday 6th July in Old Trafford, Manchester
5 x Brighton Ticket Plus Packages – 2 tickets per package for the England v Norway match on Monday 11th July in Brighton, with one night accommodation
5 x Southampton Day Only Packages – 2 tickets per package for the Northern Ireland v England match on Friday 15th July in Southampton
3 x Silver tiered prizes
Party-in-a-box packages consisting of Bunting, Chilly's 500ml Water Bottle & £100 food delivery voucher
The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative.
- In the event that any winner refuses acceptance of the prize or, for whatever reason, cannot accept the prize, or if Kru Live or the Social Element are unable to make contact with any winner within 7 working days of the close of the competition, Kru Live/ The Social Element reserves the right to select another winner.
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of a prize is not available, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
- The prize draw runs from 09:00hrs GMT 9th May 2022 to 23:59hrs GMT 10 June 2022
- Winners will be notified via social media and personal details requested (email and additional contact information) by 13th June 2022. The winners will then be put into direct contact with the prize fulfilment company, Kru Live directly to redeem their prize.
- Winners will have 48 hours to redeem their prize from receipt of the email - if the prize is not claimed within that time, it will be forfeited.
- By taking part in the prize draw, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by any winner may result in forfeiture of their prize.
We reserve the right to reject entries which, in our reasonable opinion and sole discretion:
- are in breach of the Terms and Conditions
- contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- contains any merchant name or individuals that have not completed the waiver;
- features any individuals under the age of 18 without explicit permission from a parent or guardian;
- contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks that are not owned by the Independent Business or Visa;
- promotes any political agenda;
- does not comply with relevant advertising and broadcasting codes; or
- has not obtained consent from all those featured in the entry.
We fully respect freedom of speech, but prior to entering the prize draw, those selected as winners must not have posted, published or caused to be published by way of press, radio, television or in any social medium, any comments that are likely to discredit or damage the reputation of Visa, our product(s) or service(s) or be in breach of the rules of the relevant media. In addition, winners must not do so during the life of the promotion. If, the promoter decides that a winner has breached this condition, that winner’s entitlement to the Prize may be cancelled and a substitute winner chosen on the same basis as the original winners.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the listed suppliers, Kru Live and The Social Element. You understand that any information you have provided is to Visa and not the listed suppliers involved and that these suppliers have no liability for any element of this Promotion.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to us and not to Instagram or Twitter, and those parties have no liability for any element of this promotion.
Visa, Kru Live and The Social Element reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
In the event that the prize draw is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond our reasonable control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this prize draw, we reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the prize draw or invalidate any affected entries.
We, together with any associated agencies and companies, will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
This promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Data Privacy Notice
CAP Code Rule 8.28.5 says: Promoters must either publish or make available on request the name and county of major prize winners and, if applicable, their winning entries except in the limited circumstances where promoters are subject to a legal requirement never to publish such information. Promoters must obtain consent to such publicity from all competition entrants at the time of entry. Prize winners must not be compromised by the publication of excessive personal information.
Provided no objection from the winners is received, the name of the winning Independent Businesses will be made available by visiting visa.co.uk/uefaweuro22-merchant-terms one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of 4 weeks. The winning Independent Businesses may object to their name being published during Winner Notification. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
The prize draw is run and facilitated The Social Element and fulfilled by Kru Live Limited and Visa
The details that you provide are treated as confidential and will be held securely by The Social Element, Kru Live Limited and Visa. This information will only be used for the purposes of facilitating your entry into the prize draw, once the winners have been notified and all prizes accepted your data will be deleted. Data you provide will be held by The Social Element UK Limited (registered office: 3 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9SG. Registered in England, no. 6239196.) and Kru Live Limited
"Your personal information will be processed in accordance with Visa’s Privacy Notice visit: https://www.visa.co.uk/legal/global-privacy-notice.html. Visa will only use your personal information for the administration of the prize draw and for no other purpose unless we have another lawful basis under applicable data protection legislation. Visa will only share your personal information with its fulfilment partners, including The Social Element and Kru Live for the purposes of and in order to fulfil the prize draw. Visa will keep personal information for no longer than is necessary for relevant purposes related to this Promotion, and in any case no longer than for one year starting the 9May 2022”
Promoter: Visa Europe Limited, 1 Sheldon Square, London, W2 6TT, United Kingdom