Footballers are increasingly looking to create opportunities alongside football, to provide a platform for their future once their football career has come to an end. Inspired by our successful partnerships, we are committed to supporting and enabling female footballers like you to succeed in the workplace – whether that be during their football career or when they’ve retired and hung up their boots.
That’s why at Visa, we are proud that we are launching The Second Half (the “Programme”). The Programme is a career development programme developed by Visa Europe Limited a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 05139966 whose registered office is at 1 Sheldon Square, London W2 6TT (“Visa”), to support female footballers in Europe, as they consider their careers beyond the football pitch.
For the purposes of these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) the expressions "we", "us" and "our" refer to Visa and "you" and "your" refer to you. These Terms set out the terms on which the Programme is offered to you and the basis on which you agree to participate in the Programme – please read them carefully and in full.
In summary, these Terms:
- explain how Visa will use your personal data;
- grant you the right to participate in the Programme and use the materials provided for permitted purposes;
- set out your obligations and responsibilities in connection with the Programme; and
- release Visa from liability (to the extent permitted by law) in connection with the Programme.
Once you have registered and completed the questionnaire, you will receive an e-mail confirming your enrollment in the Programme after we have carried out some basic checks, to make sure that you meet the Programme criteria. If you do not receive an email within five working days, or you have any other questions in relation to these Terms or the Programme more generally, please contact the Visa Team at [email protected]. We make every effort to ensure your participation in the Programme is an enjoyable and comfortable experience. Please let us know if you have any specific access, dietary or other requirements.
1. What are the Programme conditions?
- By registering and participating in the Programme, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms. Please ensure that you have read and accepted these Terms in full before agreeing to them.
- Participation in the Programme is restricted to those professional female footballers (current or retired) over 18 years of age or those who possess legal parental or guardian consent to participate in the Programme. By participating in the Programme, you are confirming that you meet this criteria.
- To ensure that the Programme is conducted according to schedule and to avoid inconvenience to fellow participants, you agree to be punctual in your attendance at all designated meeting places and to fully cooperate with Visa and its appointed third party service providers. While Visa shall make reasonable efforts to accommodate your schedule, you understand and acknowledge to be considerate to other participants, certain elements of the Programme may continue without your participation. You agree to conduct yourself appropriately throughout the Programme, to comply with the reasonable directions of Visa, Visa suppliers or Visa representatives, to comply with any applicable law. In participating in the Programme, you agree that your contributions or actions will not: (i) be defamatory to any person, including Visa, its clients and any fellow participants; (ii) be obscene, explicit, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, harassing or threatening or promotes violence or any illegal activity; (iii) promote discrimination, including discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; (iv) infringe any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights of any other person; (v) be likely to deceive any person; (vi) be in breach of any legal obligation owed to a third party, such as a duty of confidentiality or a contractual obligation; and/or (vi) be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- You understand that, participation in certain elements of the Programme, such as work experience or acting as a mentor or mentee, may require an additional agreement between you and Visa and other Visa policies (such as Health & Safety and IT policies) and you agree to work with Visa in good faith to enter into any reasonable and requisite agreements. Any refusal to enter into additional required agreements may result in you not being able to participate in certain elements of the Programme.
2. Who owns the rights in the Programme?
- We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable licence to use the materials that are provided to you as part of the Programme (the “Materials”).
- This licence is a personal licence and unless we agree otherwise in writing you must not, or allow anyone else to: (i) make the Materials, including any print outs or copies available to anyone else; (ii) modify any Materials; (iii) use the Materials in any commercial capacity; or (iv) use the Materials to create any derivative works or competitive products or services.
- The Programme and all Materials is owned and operated by Visa. You agree that all rights (including any intellectual property rights) owned or licensed to Visa (including in any Materials) whether used in the fulfilment of Visa’s obligations under these Terms or otherwise, shall remain with Visa or its licensors, and except as set out in these Terms you shall not acquire any right, title, or interest in such rights. Visa does not make any warranty that use of any content displayed through the Programme courses will not infringe the rights of third parties.
- Visa, The Second Half and associated trademarks, service marks, logos and design elements are owned by Visa and its affiliates. All rights reserved. Nothing contained in the Materials or the Programme should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any such trademarks, service marks, logos or design elements displayed, except to provide attribution as specified herein, without the express written permission of Visa. All Material published as part of the Programme is copyright of Visa and its licensors. All rights reserved. You must obtain prior written permission for the republication or redistribution of any content. If you would like permission to use any Materials outside the Programme, please contact us.
- We would love to spread the word about the Programme and mention you in our marketing and public relations activities in relation to the Programme (the ”Marketing Activities”). You agree to the use of your name, image, any testimonials that you provide and/or tag your social media account (“Your Likeness”) by Visa in such Marketing Activities. All uses of Your Likeness will be limited to the Programme and/or your participation in the Programme and are not intended to form a sponsorship arrangement. All uses of Your Likeness are always subject to your prior approval (not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed). Your refusal to approve any use of Your Likeness will not affect your ability to participate in the Programme in any way.
3. Confidentiality obligations
- This Programme contains confidential information. By accepting these Terms and participating in the Programme, you acknowledge that the information contained in the Programme (the “Information”) is confidential and subject to confidentiality agreements, which limit your use of the Information, and you agree to keep the Information confidential.
- Please be advised that the Information may constitute material non public information under U.S. federal securities laws and that purchasing or selling securities of Visa Inc. while being aware of material non public information would constitute a violation of applicable U.S. federal securities laws.
4. Liability in relation to the Programme
- Visa makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the Programme, its operation, or the information, content or materials included in the Materials, including warranties of merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, non-infringement, accuracy or the presence or absence of errors; all of which are provided on an “as is” basis and are intended for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for operational, marketing, legal, technical, tax, financial or other advice and you are encouraged to seek the advice of a competent professional where required.
- You acknowledge that, all or part of the Programme may be organised, managed and conducted by third-party independent contractors and service providers (“Visa Vendors”).
- Provided that nothing shall limit or exclude any liability which may not be lawfully limited or excluded, you agree to hereby:
in connection with any claim whether in contract; tort (including negligence); breach of statutory duty; or otherwise for any damage or loss (including any direct, indirect, consequential or special loss) arising from or in any way connected with your participation in the Programme, use of the Content, reliance on any Materials or inability to rely on any Materials.
- release and discharge, Visa and Visa Vendors, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, representatives and agents (the “Benefited Parties”) from any liability; and
- waive, and agree not to make, any claim against or sue any of the Benefited Parties,
5. How do we use your personal data?
- For more information on how Visa uses your personal data, please refer to the Privacy Statement for the Programme here.
6. Termination rights and force majeure events
- Visa shall be entitled to terminate your participation in the Programme: (i) immediately on notice if at any time you default in or commit any breach of your obligations under these Terms; or (ii) for any reason on 5 days’ notice, including any cancellation of the Programme.
- You acknowledge and accept that acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond Visa’s reasonable control (including (without limitation) acts of God, exceptional weather conditions, flight rescheduling, hijacking or seizure of aircraft or vehicles, natural disasters, power failures, fires, wars, war-like operations, public disorder, civil unrest, strikes, industrial action, terrorism, pandemics, and quarantines, whether actual or threatened) (collectively, “Force Majeure events”), may result in modifications and adjustments being made to your itinerary or schedule of the Programme, or to complete cancellation of the Programme. You acknowledge that Visa will not be liable to you for any delay in or failure to provide any part of the Programme due to any Force Majeure Event, whether foreseen or unforeseen.
7. What is excluded from the Programme?
- You agree that you are responsible for seeking professional advice, at your own cost, concerning your: (i) ability to participate in the Programme, and (ii) any risks involved.
- You agree that you are fully and solely responsible for any costs and expenses not expressly included in the Programme that you incur, including but not limited to: (i) travel, to and from the Programme (including any required insurance and necessary travel permits); (ii) telecommunication and internet charges; and (vii) food or beverage items which are over and above the meals provided as part of the Programme.
- Visa reserves the right to change the Programme and its policies and as such we may need to make changes to these Terms. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we make any material changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Then, if you continue to participate in the Programme, you will be bound by the updated Terms. If you do not want to agree to these or any updated Terms, please do not participate in the Programme.
- Except as otherwise set out in these Terms, these Terms set out the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the Programme and supersedes any previous agreement or understanding with respect to the Programme and may not be varied except in writing between you and us. The Programme is independent and separate to the Team Visa athlete programme and these Terms are not intended to form a sponsorship agreement or a substitute for a Team Visa athlete programme agreement. If you are a Team Visa athlete and choose to participate in the Programme, your rights and obligations under your Team Visa athlete programme agreement remain unaffected.
- You cannot transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement without our consent. Our rights and obligations can be assigned to others. For example, this could occur if our ownership changes (as in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets) or by law.
- No waiver by us of any breach of these terms and conditions shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- If any provision in these Terms is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions (and the remainder of the provision in question) shall be unaffected.
- These Terms shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.