Shop safely online
Online shopping is as safe as the high street and it’s reassuring to know:
- If you’re the victim of online fraud
- If your order is not delivered
- If you receive the wrong item
- If your order is delivered damaged
- If your travel company or airline goes under before your trip or whilst you are away
AND you have paid with your Visa card, you can get your money back (subject to your bank’s terms and conditions).
Giving you complete confidence
Visa provides the Verified by Visa service to add an additional layer of security to your transactions.
Verified by Visa protects your card against unauthorised use. Look out for the Verified by Visa logo on your favourite websites.
More on Verified by Visa
If you want to use your Visa card on a website that isn’t offering Verified by Visa yet, then you should follow these simple safeguards:
- Make sure that your card details will be encrypted securely before being sent across the Internet – look for an unbroken key or lock at the bottom of your browser window or check the website address, which should begin https:// rather than http://
- Use the latest version of your browser's software and check to be sure your computer's operating system software is up to date.
- Shop with retailers you know about, or research them first to ensure they are reputable and reliable.
- Keep a record of your Internet transactions, including the retailer's website address. Many online stores send customers e-mails summarising the purchase details – make sure you save or print these.
- Before buying, read the delivery and return policies that should be on the retailer's website. Can unsatisfactory items be sent back? If the items are faulty, can you get a refund or a credit note?
- The retailer's website should also have information about delivery arrangements and costs, currencies they accept and taxes that apply.
- Look for a telephone number or e-mail address and note them down in case you have any queries.